Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


We did it! We finally did something different for Thanksgiving, and I loved it!! We went down to St. George with Grandma Deb & Grandpa Curt, and stayed in their condo. We decided since it was just the 7 of us, instead of making a huge mess we would go out to eat. It was a dream my mom has always had, so we went to Chuck-a-rama!!! It was soooooo YuMmY!! I love their mashed potatoes & gravy. I could sit down to a heaping plate of those babies and just be as happy as a clam! So that's just about what I did, but I also added a little bit of turkey, and of coarse, a yummy wheat roll (what's Thanksgiving without a yummy roll?) and a few veggies, and last, but not least, the icecream!!! As much as could possibly slip into the cracks! Yum! I was in Heaven!! Did you know so many people went out to dinner on Thanksgiving? Neither did I!?! We stood in line for over an hour in the pouring rain under our umbrella's! Are we crazy? But it was worth it! Even my Dad thought so! He is the one that makes that pretend puking sound whenever you mention Chuch-a-rama, but he agreed to go, and the whole time he was eating, practically everything he put into his mouth, he was saying, Mmmm, that's pretty good. Ooh, that's yummy! The only thing that wasn't quite as good as he wanted was the pumpkin pie, but it was still pretty good!!! Morgan, on the other hand, didn't groove on it too much! He also didn't feel very good either! But he wanted chips & dips, and veggies & ranch, and of coarse, his cheeseball sandwich (there was plenty of that at the condo) so he wasn't that excited about dinner. Sorry Morg! All my kids really cared about was the icecream, at least they ate something, right?!? Overall, I consider it a success! After dinner, we went to the movie "Four Christmases" Not a good choice, especially with the kids! So I took Avorie and we left! But we did redeem ourselves when we went to "Bolt" What a cute show!! The hamster made the whole movie! He was hilarious! Grandma Deb and Avorie loved it! Grandma said it made her whole trip! We also did our Black Friday shopping! We left the condo at 4:00 am! We had a great time and got a lot done!!! The only thing we didn't get was a TV at Walmart for Morgan, we sooo could have gotten it, but I didn't know how we would get it home. BuMmeR!!!!! I was dissapointed! Not only was I first in line to get it, I left because I knew I wouldn't be able to get it home. And after they let everyone go crazy, I walked back over there and there were still 7 TV's left. I could have just kicked myself, but oh well, nothing I could do about it! Dang-it!!
The kids went swimming with Grandpa Curt and Dad! They are all big fish! Morgan says someday we'll have our own pool! Ha! We'll see, in his dreams!!!

Happy Turkey Day! We hope you all had a good holiday!! We did!!


Standing in line at Chuck-a-rama in the rain!! Memories!!!





Hanging out at the condo after dinner!

Aren't my boys handsome? I like to call them hands-a-rama!!





1 comment:

Melissa O said...

Oh my gosh that looks like fun. I think the eating out with no mess sounds the best. Happy Thanksgiving. A little late, but better late than never right?