Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Cookies:) A work of Art!!

I finally feel like somewhat of a good mom! I've been wanting to do something fun with my kids forever, and I've just been so dang busy! (I know that is no excuse) But when I found out I was going to have surgery on my foot, I wasn't sure how I would feel afterward so I was trying to get everything ready for Christmas, and time just flew by. So now that I'm ready and feeling good, I have time to do the fun things that make Christmas, well....Christmas, like making cookies and watching Rudolph & Frosty, and enjoying my kids!
I've never seen kids so excited to watch cookies in the oven! They even went and retrieved a pillow big enough for them all to sit on and watch them "puff up & get big!" And that's just exactly what they did! They literally watched the whole process, from start, to puffed up, to bigger and finally finished!

And it's finally time for the fun part........frosting!!! They had so much fun decorating the cookies, I couldn't help but keep from smiling. I was having more fun watching them than they were making a great big mess! I swear there were more sprinkles on the floor than there were on the cookies, and there were a lot of sprinkles on the cookies!!!!!



And the winner is......all of them!! Our masterpieces......a work of art!!

1 comment:

Melissa O said...

How cute are you. I'm sad I couldn't come and lay on a pillow and watch cookies. Sounds like a good time.