Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm Worried!!!



What am I going to do with my 6 year old? I swear she already thinks she is a teenager. I am going to be in BIG trouble! Let me explain. Well, it actually all began last year when Avorie decided she liked the boys, in particular, Isaac. They( meaning a group of boys and a group of girls) started chasing each other at recess and Avorie would come home laughing and tell me she had kissed Isaac. Oh my!!!! Finally the teachers told them- No More! And that was that! Now the other day I was helping in Avorie's class and Mrs. Bird asked me if I would go out in the hall & take down the pictures the kids had drawn so she could hang up their new ones. Most of the pictures said things like Parker & Gabe are my best friends or I like school lunch, or I enjoy drawing. I'm guessing they were supposed to draw a picture of something they liked or enjoyed doing and then write about it, so......when I got to Avorie's, guess what it said? I like chasing the boys at recess! Of coarse! I immediatly started cracking up. She is so not a shy child! And then to top it all off, this morning I picked out her clothes and layed them out on the bed before I woke her up. Now mind you, she went to bed way too late ( she was reading & reading & reading. She read an entire chapter book in one night) so I knew she would be tired. She got up and I told her to get dressed, she took one look at the pants I chose and started whining. She told me she was not wearing those and I told her she was, to get dressed and come get me when she was done so I could do her hair. When she came in my room, no surprise to me, she was wearing a different pair of jeans. I asked her why, her response "Those pants are too long. I can't run in them so how am I supposed to chase the boys at recess?" Like I was going to answer her. I just shook my head! What am I going to do?!?

10 comments:

Tweeb and Danyette said...

I am so glad that you found our blog. It will be so fun to keep up with you and your cute little family. You look like you are all doing good and the kids are getting big way to fast. You look amazing as always I cant believe you had a baby 4 months ago.
Danyette

Misty said...

Oh no!!! Ains does the same thing, always chasing & kissing the OLDER boys. (What stinkers!) I'm way excited to keep in touch with you & your darling family this way. See ya soon!!!

Brianna E. said...

Maybe she'll marry Isaac- what's his last name? j/k :)

Shelley Reid said...

That is so funny! I am pretty sure that you were chasing boys or at least flirting with the boys at that age and you turned out great! Don't worry to much yet.

Ellen Houghton said...

I agree with Shelley. I am sure you were chasing the boys or least making up stories about them. I'm so glad that you have a blog so we can keep in touch better. Also, Kyle really liked my hair.

Cassie said...

Hi Jami!! Bri left me a comment on my blog. I saw your link on her blog and thought I would drop in and say hi! I sent you a birthday card a couple weeks after your birthday.. I hope you got it.. I am a bit of a slacker when it comes to sending mail. I would much rather do it on the computer.. Can you believe 30 is around the bend.. Yikes! Are you just loving being home. Your kids are darling!! Send me your e-mail. cassidybaum@msn.com

Sarah Ward said...

YAY! I am so excited you have a blog...that way I can see your cute kids more often. Your posts crack me up. You need to write down or have your blog printed so you can share with your kids someday all the funny things they did.

Michelle said...

Oh my! Fun stuff. Parker is not allowed to "like" girls yet. Ha ha! He tells me all the time he doesn't like girls.... except for Avorie.

Heidi said...

Hi Jaim, I miss seeing you! Your baby is getting so big. I wiil see you at Bunco ..tues.

Davis Party of 6 said...

Jami and Morgan!! Your family couldn't be any cuter! I haven't seen you forever so it's fun see your blog!