Monday, October 20, 2008

Barnyard Boo













Last Thursday all the kids were out of school for Fall Break so Grandma Deb loaded us all up for a day of fun.....so we thought!!! Just kidding! It actually turned out to be great! The kids loved it and that's all that matters anyway, right? I started off the day by waking up early 6:10 (Thanks to Dax) but I thought it would be good since we wanted to leave by 8:30 (Thanks to Deb) I would have plenty of time to get everyone ready, but it turns out when I actually got out of bed my head was spinning and I had another case of the pee-your-pants sneezes! I love it when that happens! Needless to say I felt pretty crappy, but I did my best to get going. Apparently, I didn't move very fast because when Kim and Grandma showed up about 8:15 we were not even close to being ready. Thank goodness for their
help!! I sent Walker in to brush his teeth and I swear to you that he honestly had the entire tube of toothpaste everywhere but in his mouth!! I even found it on the carpet, UUgh! I love little boys! Then he decided to get himself a drink of Morgan's Mt. Dew he had open in the fridge, and after he successfully poured it into his cup, he then knocked it off the counter and all over the floor! Doesn't this sound like a fun day? We finally made it to the car, yay! And we arrived at Thanksgiving Pointe right at 10:00 when it opened. We were the first ones there and believe me, that was a good thing! By the time we left there were 5 million people there, not kidding! I think everyone else had the same idea as us. It was way fun though, the kids got to ride a pony, go on a hay ride, decorate a cookie, make a Trick-or-Treat bag, get their faces painted, and play lots of games and win prizes! They loved it!!
After we left, we all decided Brick Oven sounded yummy, and the kids were starving. At least we think that was their problem. By the time we got there, they were all bawling and fighting, and a little out of control. Oh Boy!! Good times had by all! After everyone got their food and were happily eating, Dax decided he wanted to eat also. So I tried to feed him only to send him into one of the biggest fits he's ever thrown, right there in the middle of the restaurant. He was freaking so bad I couldn't even get him to eat. Just get me home!! We really did have a fun day, it's always a treat when Kim and Hagen come to play with us! Besides, we are truly making memories for our kids, that in itself, is worth it all!!!


3 comments:

Tweeb and Danyette said...

They are all so darling. It looks like it was fun. Just think, they will never remember the craziness of it all. What we do as moms to create fun memories. I still have not got my hair done (yes sad, I know) I miss you and wish I could just come over and you could make me cute again.
Danyette

Candice said...

Fun times! We were there that day, but we got there probably when you were leaving. My kids loved it and wanted to stay longer, but I was way beyond ready to leave. Too bad we didn't run into each other. Cute pictures!

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun day you are a good mom. My kids would have much rather gone there last weekend instead I took them to get there flu shots, they were not that happy