Sunday, October 5, 2008

9 Years!


It has been 9 fantastic years since Morgan & I went on our very first date! That, by the way, his mom set up. Well, I don't mean set up, I mean she actually asked me out for him and told me he would be there to pick me up. Wow! I am forever grateful for her! It's pretty easy to remember that day(like I would ever forget) because it is my now brother-in-law's birthday. October 4th, 1999, he did indeed show up to get me that night and we went to the birthday party and then we went to eat at Olive Garden. Yummy! Never ending pasta bowl! Then we went to the mall to buy Morgan some new jeans. You see, apparently when Morgan got home from his mission he still thought Silver Tab jeans that tapered down were still cool, however, they were not. So we had to go get him a pair of wide leg jeans, that by the way, he looked way hot in. Done! We brought him out of the 90's and into now. After shopping we drove around for awhile and then he took me home where he then won a bet he had with his brother, Grant. I guess the first night we met (June, '98) he told Grant that he was going to ask me out, he told him "Good Luck" she is dating someone, and Morgan's response was " I'll bet ya 5 bucks I will kiss her!" So.... when he walked me to the door, just in case I never went out with him again, he made sure he won his 5 bucks. Now, it was not the the kiss of your dreams, in fact, it was over and he was gone before I could even process what had happened! And little did he know, after that night he would be stuck with me FOREVER!!!! And trust me there have been many more kisses since that night! I love you, Morgan. Thank you for your Mom!

Every year on October 4th, or as close to it as we can, we try to go to Olive Garden. It has been a fun tradition that we will hopefully carry on for many more years to come!

2 comments:

The Beardall's said...

It really sucks that Matt's birthday is the same as your special day. lol. Your blog is really cute. Hope you dont mind that I found you.

Candice said...

I love that! I don't even remember the exact date of our first date but this makes me wish I did.
What a great tradition. It's things like that that are so important and all to life.