Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Reveal!

I got a crazy whim a few months back to redo our master bedroom! It all started like this: Morgan says it's all my Mom's fault. Well, if it is, thanks Mom! I love how it turned out! So my Mom bought me a new king size bed set for my birthday. Well, we didn't have a king size bed, so of coarse, we just couldn't have a king size comforter on our queen sized bed. Afterall, we had been wanting a new mattress, right. So what a perfect excuse to get a new mattress, and therefore, a new bedroom set! Yay! Perfect, I have had my eye on one anyway! Morgan is thanking my mom, and me, for using the excuse that he might sleep better on a new mattress. Anything is better than the couch, and maybe I might get my husband to sleep by me. He thinks it was an excuse, when really I just wanted him to be comfortable!! At any rate, I found a great deal on KSL on the bedroom set I had seen at RC Willey. (By the way, I LOVE KSL!) So I got it!! Then when it came I decided I was tired of the green walls I currently had in my room, and wanted to do something totally different than anything I had in my house. My bed set was black & white so really any color would go, but I wanted something new and fresh so I chose kind of an aqua, teal blue color. The first color I chose was what you would call some sort of a disaster! It was so bright when you walked down the hall you could see a glow radiating out of my bedroom. I told my mom to bring her beach towel and join me for a day at the beach right there in my own room. Don't get me wrong, it was a way happy color, but it looked more like a kid's playroom than a refreshing, soothing master bedroom. So I had to change it! I was nervous to tell Morgan I didn't like it, but a few days later he fessed up to not liking it either, by telling me he would be glad to help me repaint it. I was so relieved!!! I finally picked the right color and got it all put back together and I love it! Our bed is huge, it makes me feel like I'm on vacation everyday!!! It's great!!!!

Before

Well, I guess this is a sort of before picture, but not really. It's not my old furniture, or my old bedding, just basically the green walls and a little decor. But anyway...........




Oops!!!!


Here is the oops color, the oh no, what am I going to do color, the make me sick every time I go in my room color!!! And..............


The Real Thing!!





So...... What do you think?
The lighting is not very good in these pics, but hopefully you can get the idea. There are still a few more things I need to do to finish it off, but I need to find just the right thing first, so... there it is!!








9 comments:

Melissa O said...

It's adorable. I keep thinking that I am changing our spare room with that cute aqua color on the wall. Let's see if it ever happens. You've inspired me.

M said...

Jami Lynn- I LOVE your "vacation" room. Seriously it is fabulous! How fun that you get to hop (literally) into that bed and fall asleep/wake-up in such a fun room! LOVE IT.

Misty said...

That has seriously got to be the exact same color that is in my bedroom. I love it!!! It turned out awesome.

Candice said...

You kill me. I need just a little bit of your energy and your creativeness to help me finish a few rooms in my house. I would love to have my bedroom done and feel and look that good. I Love it!!

Brooke said...

I love it! You need to come decorate my house!! hehe. . . and do my hair everyday!

Tweeb and Danyette said...

I absolutely love it. But everyone knew that it would turn out great, just look at the rest of your house.
Danyette

Laicy said...

Hi Jami. I don't know if you remember me. My name is Laicy Leifson (Dunn). I was just looking at random blogs and saw yours. Your bedding is sooo cute! My bedroom walls are that color, and I've been looking for a new bedspread. I know it's kind of wierd to ask, but I was wondering where you found it. I love it! Your family is darling!

Jen said...

I love love love it. You did an amazing job. I would never want to leave my room if it looked like that. You should come decorate my whole house.

Jodie Davis said...

It looks great! I love the blue with the black and white. You should go into buisness!