Friday, November 14, 2008

Dax 6 months



It seems like literally yesterday I was sitting down to write about Dax at 4 months. WOW! How time flies! It really is scary, at this pace, the next thing I know, I will be sending him out the door and into the mission field! What is this all about? Doesn't the saying go:) We better treasure the small things because someday we will look back and realize, they were the big things!!! I think I've actually started figuring that one out, thank goodness!! I don't know what I would do if in a few years down the road I looked back and realized I had missed all those little things that make life worthwhile, so that is one of the many, many reasons I love my little Dax so much!!! I've seriously sat around and wondered what it is about him I absolutely adore so much! So far, a few of the reasons I could come up with are:)
#1. He is absolutely adorable!!! I mean really adorable!!
#2. He is an angel baby! Seriously!! (For instance, on Wednesday he was sick so I kept him home from daycare to spend a day with me in the salon. He didn't make a peep, not one cry, not one whimper. He sat there in his swing all day 9-4 with a little nap in between and just watched me and played with his toys! What baby does that!?! How could you not adore him!?!)
#3. He is so HaPpY!!! He waits for anyone and everyone to look his way so that he can just GRIN!!!
#4. He saved me!!!! When he was born, I realized how fast life was flying by and that my kids were only going to be little once, and I didn't want to miss it! So...... I sold the salon and cut way back on doing hair so that I could spend more time with my kids and enjoy all the little things I was missing out on! And with tears in my eyes, I can honestly say it was the best decision I have ever made. I L...O...V...E being at home with them! Thank You, Baby Dax!!!
He is definantly loved by all at our house. Walker won't leave him alone! I find myself being a broken record all day long as I'm constantly saying, "Walker, get off of him. Walker, get out of his face. Walker, you can't pick him up." I feel so bad because I know it's only because he loves him so much and he just wants a little friend to play with. Every morning as soon as he gets out of bed, before he really even has his eyes open, first thing he says is "Where's Baby Dax?" he just always wants to hold him. Avorie is such a big helper!! She loves to play with him and keep him entertained. She is so good at making him laugh and she loves to swing him in his Johnny Jump up! I so appriciate her help! Morgan swears that babies don't like him until they are about 6 months. So now Morgan is loving him! If any of you know Morgan and his brother, Zane, you know that they like to torment the kids and throw them around like rag dolls, and the funny thing is.....that they (the kids) absolutely love them to death! Morgan just has a way with them (I could watch him play with our kids all day long_It's one of my favorite past times) And, as for me, I could eat Dax for breakfast, seriously, and if you don't believe me, you should just watch me mug him right too death. I know one of these days (which will come way faster than I would like) he will hate it when I constantly kiss on him and tell him how much I love him, so I'm going to get in as many kisses as I can, and hopefully, just hopefully, he will always let his mom love on him!


6 Month Stats:)
Weight: 14lb. 11 oz. (10%)
Length: 24.4 in. (3%)
Head Circum: 16.75 (20%)


Happy 6 Month Birthday, D!!!!! We all love you!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so cute. I am with ya the third makes you think that life has gone by so fast. We is darling and you are such a loving and patient mom.

Misty said...

He is such a cutie! Isn't all of that the truth?!? I feel the exact same way & unfortunately time doesn't seem to be slowing down one bit.

Jodie Davis said...

He is so cute! The lion costume looked so dang cute on him. Everything you said is the truth!

The Beardall's said...

What a little cutie. Very handsome. I get sad that I wont have anymore little ones at my house. Cute Blog

M said...

Jami- I got all teary eyed reading that. I want to freeze time and keep them little forever! I still remember that very first day on your stairs when Susan came down and said "Are you Melissa Tippets?" Texas needs to stay this age FOREVER with his cute little voice that I love, and I couldn't believe Dax today- so big and just so dang cute!!!! I love your kids.

Angie said...

He is so adorable and so tiny! I love to mug all over my kids too, especially the baby. Gotta enjoy that while we can!

Brianna E. said...

I love him to death- he just makes me want to eat him up!! He still seems so little tiny to me.

Herd of Sheps said...

Hey Jamie, it's been forever since I blog surfed and checked my blog and so I came across your comment (thank you by the way, you are a sweetie) and linked to your blog to catch up on your cute family. It's crazy how fast your kids have grown up and that you have 3 kids now (of course it still freaks me out that I have 3 kids too). Anyway, it was good to see how things are going for you. I will check in more often so I don't feel so left out. You have a darling family! Hope to talk to you soon. Take Care~

Mark and Michal said...

Jami- was blogsurfing and came across yours- it's been a while! Your family is super cute as always. Last time we chatted you only had two and so much younger! Nice to see how you are doing. Speak soon.