Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

29! Wow! I only have 1 year left of real life, so they say. However, I don't think I will mind being the big 3-o. I believe life gets better with age, right? If I hadn't have gotten older I wouldn't have my 3 beautiful kids, my wonderful husband of 81/2 years now, and all the memories that come along with them. Of coarse I could do without a few things like the wrinkles around my eyes, the sagginess in places I could do without (you all know what I'm talking about) and the dreaded cellulite that seems to set in more and more the older I get. Let's just say gravity is taking it's toll on my body, but oh well, I exercise every day in hopes it will someday make a difference. But I think until I decide Dr. Pepper is not so yummy, that cellulite I love so much will never go away, and for those of you who know me know that will never happen. I guess there are way worse things to worry about, so for the most part, I don't.

Hotel Park City
Sept. 6-7, '08

Anyway, this year,( and every other year let's face it) I got spoiled! My husband is the best! He always seems to out do himself. Most men just can't keep on top of it remembering birthdays and anniversaries, not my husband, he always comes up with the best ideas and my favorite part is, he always surprises me. I love surprises! This year him and my mom teamed up to get me new bedding, black & white. I've wanted to redo my room for awhile now and Morgan and I have been wanting a king size bed so now I have a big fat excuse to get a new bedroom set. He also took me to Park City to stay the night. We got to stay in the most awesome hotel, Hotel Park City! I loved it! Let's just say it was worth the money, and he took me to Ruth's Chris Steak House. For those of you who have not had the priveledge of eating there, Oh my! You have to try it. It was so yummy! We really enjoyed ourselves, just the two of us and Dax, but who knows he's there, he is so good. Sounds fantastic right? It was! And when we got home, he had yet another gift for me. I love him! I had been shopping a few weeks earlier and I had put some things on lay away at the Buckle for the soul purpose of, he always asks me what I want for my birthday and I thought it would be easy for him to just go there and pick them up. But when I told him what I had done, he told me if I wanted them to just go buy them. What he didn't know was, that I had picked out a pair of jeans that were, brace yourself, $135.00. One pair of jeans. Does that make you sick? It does me. So anyway, I didn't think he was going to get them, and surprise, he did! After I opened the jeans I told him how sick I was about the price and that I thought I was going to take them back because I just couldn't justify that much for a pair of jeans, and he told me to try them on and he would let me know if they were worth it. Well, let's just say they are now my favorite pair of jeans. Guess he thought I looked "HOT" He always makes me feel good. Another reason I love him so much! So...... Happy Birthday to me!


No comments: