Friday, September 26, 2008

Avorie's First Day of School


I can't believe Avorie is already in 1st grade. Where does the time go? It seriously seems like yesterday she was born (I remember it like it was yesterday) but now she's 6. Wow! She is so excited to be BIG! Don't mind me if a brag a bit, afterall, isn't that a part a mothers job description? First of all, isn't she absolutely adorable? We think she is pretty cute, and how about those freckles across her nose. I don't think we can go anywhere that someone doesn't mention those sunkissed beauties. Second, she is so smart! She is already reading Junie B. Jones chapter books. I went in her room to check on her the other night, and I found her there reading three books at the same time. I told her to only read one at a time so she could remember what was happening in each book, but apparently she is way smarter than me because she picked up each one and proceeded to tell me what was going on in every one. Her very favorite one is Junie B., First Grader (at last!) Isn't that fitting? She has been waiting all summer for school to start so she could finally be in first grade. I have been so lucky this year to get the oppertunity to go help out in her classroom. I get to work with each child one on one out in the hall to find out where they are at. I am so amazed at how easy school comes for her. I truely believe alot of it is she wants to learn and she wants to read. She absolutely loves it! What a blessing for her and for us. And last, but not least, she is a great kid! Any parents dream really! She is a big helper around the house. She loves to help me put away the laundry, dust, clean her bedroom, and take care of her brothers, and she always does her homework just as soon as she walks through the back door. Does it get any better?

This year Avorie is lucky to have so many friends in her class. Gabe, Hunter, and Kiley, but she was especially excited when she found out that Parker and Isaac were also in her class. Yes, it's true she already has her eye on the boys, but at least she knows how to pick the cute ones! She also loves her teacher, Mrs. Bird. When she got home the first day I asked her how it was and her reply was "Mrs. Bird is AWESOME!" Avorie loves school! She is going to be lifetime lover of learning! We are so proud of her! What parents wouldn't be?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Of course I ran into your blog through Danyette's. I was sooo excited. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list. If you want an invite to mine, send me your e-mail @ brookegbowers@hotmail.com and I will make sure you get one. Oh, and if you couldn't guess from my e-mail, this is Brooke Bowers. ;o) Your kids are super cute!! And again, I'm jealous of your house!!