Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday, Avorie!!

June 24, 2009

Oh my gosh, it's really happening. My baby girl is turning 7 years old!!! Wow!! She is litterally growing up right before my eyes!!!

This year was very different than other years for Avorie. She is my child that gets excited over weird things like going to the park, or losing a tooth. Not that those things aren't exciting, it's just when it comes to the normally super exciting holidays such as birthdays and even Christmas, she doesn't get too worked up over them.......until this year!! She was sooooo excited for her birthday, I didn't know if she would actually make it to that day without going crazy, (well, actually, let me rephrase that. I'm not sure I would make it to that day without going crazy!!!!) She was so excited she couldn't stop talking about it or asking when she could hand out her invitations. Handing out the invitations bit started um.......let me think........6 months ago!!! And I'm not kidding!! We been at this for months!! But I am sooooo glad she was finally excited about her birthday! It made me smile even though their were days I wanted to rip my hair out! J/K! You only get a birthday once a year, it should be that exciting!!! Maybe we'll start planning this next one here shortly!!!!! And we'll have 9 months to get ready! HaHa!!
I remember when I was little my mom used to sneak in my room after I had gone to sleep to decorate so when I woke up on my birthday my room was all decked out!! I loved it....so this year I started the tradition at our house. And I didn't even get a picture of it (what's wrong with me???) but I did get picture of the table I had all ready for her.....presents, cake and all! She loved it all......especially all the attention on her for her special day!! Morgan made her her favorite breakfast (Alien pancakes, thanks Denny's and Thanks Dad!!!)
Avorie gets to share her special day with her best friend, Parker!!! They were born on the same day, and they think it is just great to have the same birthday! And I have to agree! It's not very often you share a birthday with your very best friend!!! Lucky!!! This year we invited all the girls to our house and had cupcakes and opened presents, and Parker invited all the boys to his house and did the same, and we all met at the movies and watched "Up"! It was a darling show and the kids loved it! We had the whole theater to ourselves!! Way fun!!! Later that night we invited all the family over for tacos, cake & icecream, and a whole lotta fun!!! Avorie was spoiled rotten, of course, and she loved every minute of it!!!!
Happy Birthday Avorie!!! We love you!!!
Since I forgot to get picture of everything she got, I have to make a list:
A brand new pink bike
Disney Sing it (Wii game)
High School Musical 3 Dance (Wii game)
Taylor Swift CD's (Currently her favorite singer)
Hannah Montana Movie Soundtrack (also a favorite)
Jewelry, clothes and shoes (loved them! also a sign she is growing up)
Purses filled with makeup, sunglasses, and fun stuff (which she can't leave home without!)
A new swimming suit and matching beach towel, flip flops, and water bottle
Hannah Montana Design Center (Watch out Hannah, Avorie will have her very own clothing line)

2 comments:

Candace said...

Whaaaa?

Jami, she cannot be SEVEN!

What happened? Weren't you just sitting at my nail station dipping a banana in yogurt with 9 months of baby Avorie in you?

Do you feel old?
Because I do--
and they only speed up from here.

Candice said...

Where does the time go. What a cute post and fun birthday!