Friday, July 24, 2009

24th of July:) aka Pioneer Day!

Warning:) This post could get a bit graphic! Proceed with caution!



Traditions, traditions, and more traditions!!! Who doesn't love them??? It's what making memories is all about!! I absolutely love it!! July is one of my most favorite months in the year, not to mention red, white & blue and watermelon, too!!! This year, like most, we start off the week with the rodeo, actually not true, we usually kick the week off with the carnival, but this year my darling little nephew, Mason, was riding a sheep in the rodeo on the firt night so we chose to go there instead to watch him hold on for dear life!!! It was great! Good job, Mas! The kids always seem to love the rodeo, and let's be honest, so do I!! I've been almost every single year I can ever remember! I love to go and see all the people I haven't seen forever, it's like old home week, and it brings back so many memories!

The Grand Parade!! This year instead of sitting in front of Zions Bank, we joined Matt & Ro down by Western States!! It was great, you could see things so much better. I think we'll be joining them from now on, if they'll let us!! After all the floats, ball teams, fire trucks, and tractors were thru, we went to carnival to ride a few rides!! This year Avorie thought she would be all brave and ride all the spinning rides, and 1/2 way thru the third one all the excitement began to wear off, and the sickness began to set in!! She didn't look so hot when she finally got off the Berry-go-Round, and in the car on the way home.....she lost her breakfast!!! Right on the seat!! Ooooh Gross!!!! But soon after that, she was right back to normal; however, I don't know if she'll do that again next year, or ever!!! Poor Avorie!

Don't say I didn't warn you!!!

After we got home and she had a nice glass of water, she was a new kid and we were off to eat at the Mexican Resturant, Mi Rancherito! Another tradition we have going on. Yummy!! I practically licked my plate clean, and yes, I was sick, but I couldn't stop myself. It was way too good! And don't anybody worry when we got to Aunt Ro's that night I wasn't the least bit hungry, but who can resist yummy steak & everything sandwiches, watermelon, sausage dip, and homemade strawberry icecream so.......you guessed it, I stuffed my face again!!! Thanks to food, it makes everything wonderful!!! The kids didn't care much for eating, they were way more excited about the dunk tank! Too bad it started to rain!!! Dumb weather ruins all the fun!! The night went out with a bang....literally!! Morgan and I love to watch the fireworks, so would the kids if they could ever keep their eyes open long enough to see them!!

1 comment:

Tweeb and Danyette said...

It looks like you guys had alot of fun. We came up and celebrated the 24th in Spanish with my mom a couple of years ago and it was quite fun. Avorie is getting so grown up.