Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Big Race:)

Pre-race

This year I ran the St. George half marathon on January 23! I have done it one other time, but that was way back before Avorie was even born. Gosh, that was 9 years ago! Oh my! How time flies. I didn't realize it had been quite that long, it only seems like yesterday. So this past year I had a friend of mine ask me if I would be interested in running with her. Soon after we began running together we started making some goals to do some races this year. We started off by doing the St. George half. I seriously had it in my mind that if I could just finish the race that would be awesome! As it got a little closer I began making a little bit harder goals for myself such as at least finishing in under 2 hours, and the night before the race I laid in bed and decided I was going to finish in 1 hr. 55 min. I thought that was a pretty good goal considering I hadn't trained all that well, and the whole day before I didn't feel good at all, and I was so worried I was going to wake up sick and not be able to run it at all. I was so worried I hardley slept a wink, but much to my surprise, I woke up feeling great and ready to run my socks off!

I just started running, and I ran, and I ran, and I ran (except for the time I had to stop to go to the bathroom:() What a bummer, but I came in right on cue....1 hour and 55 min.! I couldn't have felt any better, but I can't help but think if I hadn't have stopped I could have shaved a few minutes off my time, but when you gotta go, you gotta go, and that's all there is to it! And now I have a goal for another time! It was sooo awesome!! It really is true.....that runner's high! I got it bad!

2 comments:

Tweeb and Danyette said...

Way to go! Maybe one day I will do that...ha ha.I envy people who love to run. I am glad you are back to blogging.

The Marshall's said...

Nice job friend! I am so proud of you!