Sunday, February 8, 2009

LoSt!!! Best Buddies=Big Trouble!!!


Oh my!!! What an adventure this day turned out to be!?!! My first experience of many more to come just like it, I am sure of that!!! This is sooo not what I bargained for in Heaven, it couldn't be, right???? It started out like any normal Friday morning, kinda laid back. We stayed in our jammies for awhile and then I decided it was time we got ready to run some errands. So while I was back in the bathroom getting ready I heard a little knock on the door, of coarse I knew who that would be. I listened as Walker answered the door and sure enough it was Jack's cute little voice I heard. I came out to say Hi and asked Jack if he had school today?? He told me he didn't so I told them they could finish watching the movie while I finished getting ready and then we had to leave. I walked back to the bathroom and finished getting ready. After about 10 minutes, I thought to myself, those boys are being awfully quiet, they must really be into that movie!!! I walked out into the living room, and no surprise to me, they weren't being that quiet, they were gone!!!! I didn't think anything of it because they never stay in one place that long!!! I walked out on the back porch and yelled for them, I walked downstairs and yelled for them, I walked out in the front yard and yelled for them. I looked down at Bri's house and noticed the garage door was up and I was sure they had just walked down there for a minute, like they always do. Just when I walked back in the house the phone was ringing and it was Bri asking if Jack had made his way down to our house. I told her he was just here but now they were gone, and I thought they had maybe come down to her house. She said she would look, but she didn't think they were there. I continued getting things ready to go run errands, I wasn't the least bit worried..... yet. They always turn up somewhere!!! About 5 or so minutes later, Bri came through my door wondering if they had turned up yet because they weren't at her house and she had checked up and down the street. She said she was going to get in the car and drive around the block and I told her I would check all the neighbors houses. First I walked over to Shauna Jones' to see if they had decided to play with Carter, but.....no boys. So I called Nichole Hendricks to see if they had slipped down there to either play with Lincoln or get their popsicle fix for the day! (Walker has been known a time or two maybe even three to knock on Nichole's door just to ask for a popsicle. At least he asked......right?) Anyway, no such luck. She hadn't seen them either! I, then Walked across the street to see if by some miracle of a chance they were at the Oldham's. Nope!!!! By this time I was getting a little nervous, but I still figured they would turn up somewhere, they always did!!!! I kept yelling Walker's name, hoping he would answer me. Just then Darlene Hatch stepped out of her garage and I asked if she had seen them. She had!!!! About 20-25 minutes earlier she saw them walk to the top of the street. By the way......it was raining outside and they had no coats on!!!! I thought, where would they be going??? Meanwhile, Bri was still driving around looking for them, and our whole neighborhood was outside looking and discussing where we thoght they might be. Just then Melissa Oldham's phone rang and it was Heidi Abbott saying she had seen them kind of down by the elementary school. Michelle said she would jump in the car, find Bri, and go look for them down there. At first I was relieved, and then the thoughts of the river, and someone taking them flooded into my mind, and I was sick. Just then, the lady that apparently found them, Andrea, a friend of Shauna & Heidi's, drove up to Shauna's house. She was trying to tell me the story about how she had followed these two little boys and asked them if they knew where they lived. I was trying to listen to her, but my mind was wandering. She said something about how one of them hit her friend and told her she was a stranger. I just wasn't tuned all the way in to her story. She said the cops had them.........oh my!!!! Somebody called the police!! At that moment, Bri turned the corner with the boys!!!! I had a million thoughts going through my mind all at once. I was so glad they were OK, but I was so mad at them. What were they thinking, where were they going, where were they, who's idea was it, he was grounded for the rest of the day.....or forever, whichever came first, I loved him, I was glad to see him. WoW!!!!! When she pulled up, I grabbed Walker by the hand, thanked everyone for their help and marched him straight into our house! When I got through the door, my blood was boiling. I kicked him in the butt (Don't anybody turn me in!!! Ha Ha!!) and put him in his room. I kept asking him what he was thinking? Where we they going??? He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "We were just going to Mason's house, Mom!" I started to sob!! And I bawled and I cryed and he cryed, and I hugged him and explained to him how long we had looked for him, and that we didn't know where they were. I told him how scared I was, and that he could have fallen in the river or someone could have taken him and I would have never seen him again. I asked him if he knew what I would do if he was gone and he said, "You would be really sad." I told him he was right and that's why he could never leave me again. So, even though this is not exactly how I wanted to teach him, at the same time, I think he learned alot of lessons that day!!!
One, being never leave home without asking me first and telling me where he is going. Two, Strangers!!!! He did in fact know what a stranger was, and even though I prefer he not hit the lady, I am so proud of him for knowing she was a stranger and not to go with her!! And three, when you do something you are not supposed to, the cops will come and get you!!!! He did, in fact, take his first (and hopefully, last!!!) ride in the back seat of the police car!
I know this is only the beginning of the stunts my two little buddies are going to pull. All I have to say to myself is.......hold on, the ride is going to be bumpy!!! But worth it all the way!!!!!! I love you, Walker and Jack!!! Let's at least TRY to stay out of trouble!!!!!!!


10 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my heck!! I am so glad that they were found and okay. My blood would have been boiling to and then turned into sad and crying to.

Misty said...

Scary Jam! I know how that is though. We have lost Addison twice, both times when she was about 1 1/2 years old. It is definitely one of those "out of your mind" kind of experiences. I am so glad Walker was alright. Good luck!!

Melissa O said...

I love the way you told that story. James you are such a good mom, and I love that little nut walker. He is such a cutie.

The Cronquists' said...

talk about swallow your heart, this story brought back all to many memories. There is nothing worse then just about losing a child---I'm glad you found them and they were ok.. love ya aunt Lesa

Brooke said...

So scary! I'm so glad they were found and are okay!!

Cassie said...

Oh my gosh! What a day!! Little ones help you to experience so many emotions because you love them so much. I am so glad everything was o.k.!

The Beardall's said...

Holy crap. scarey. Brin did that onece but it was only a few minutes. She is my wanderer.

Anonymous said...

I've had something like that happen with my girls, they where at a neighbors house. But they never played at that neighbors house! It's the worst feeling in the whole wide world! I am so glad they are ok! You look so good! You're hair is so long... Go Jaymie you hot mama.

Anonymous said...

Geez Jami! My heart was pounding as I was reading this post! There is seriously nothing more scary than not knowing where your child is! I am so glad he is safe!

Sarah Ward said...

Oh I loved this post. It made my laugh and cry!