Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sick kids

3 very cute but very sick kids!!! It doesn't happen very often that all of your kids get sick at the very same time! That especially rings true at our house because none of my kids get sick very often and today......all 3 of them!

Dax has been sick for about 3 days with a fever, runny nose and cough. I hate to admit it:) I love it! All day Monday he was so huggable, lovable and unbelievably cuddly!! How could a mom not love that??? Cuz normally he is much to busy to be doing any of that! However his newest favorite is giving "Bones" and he will drop just about anything he is doing to give you bones, but don't even think about asking for a kiss, it goes in one ear and out the other meaning:) No way!! He is pretty dang good about ignoring you if he wants to! Little stink!

And Walker fell asleep about 7:00 last night. I thought it was because he is always going a hundred miles a minute and once he finally sits still for 2 seconds he falls asleep, but I think I was wrong. He woke up in the middle of the night coughing with a runny nose. He (along with Avorie) was up most of the night. And this morning he asked to get in the bathtub because he was cold and the next thing I know he is crying saying he just threw up in the bath. When he got out of the tub, he was as white as a ghost and he kept telling me his eyes and his belly hurt. Weird.....his eyes?? He has never said that before. I looked at his eyes and they look like he has been swimming in a chlorinated pool all day long.

Miss Avorie came home from dance last night and immediately went for her blanket because she said she was freezing. She sat up to eat dinner and got the shivers and said she wasn't hungry. I knew something was wrong when Walker asked if we could go to Yogurt Bliss for family night and Avorie said she didn't want to go. (She begs every single day to go Yogurt Bliss) So when I said I have a bad feeling about this and felt her head to find out she had a temperature suddenly she said she was just fine and she would love to go to Yorgurt Bliss and get some icecream, but she didn't want any toppings.....she didn't feel like eating candy! Oh yeah, I knew something was wrong, and I sent her to her bed to lay down. She didn't fight me, and the next thing I knew she was out like a light:) until 3 AM that is. She woke me and asked if she could have a bath in my tub. And she stayed awake the rest of the night. This morning when I went in her room she tried so hard to act like she was feeling fine because she wanted to go to school. I tried to explain to her if she went to school she would pass it to more kids and it would get spread all over. Thank goodness she finally admitted to her belly hurting and decided it would be a good idea for her to get back in her bed.

All 3 fast asleep in their beds......what do I do????

BLOG! Clean, make treats...whatever I want!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Okay...three things:

1. Congrats on TEN freakin' years. WOW!

2. Love, love, LOVE your goats-and I'll bet you're the envy of the neighborhood and NOT WT at all.

3. I must admit there is a tiny part of me that is sad that the era of Urban Retreat has officially ended. I love you for letting me work there. It was a magical time in my life, and one I will cherish forever.

Oh, and one more thing...I want to lay in a crib full of Marla's minkies--that looks way to cozy!

4 Girls and a Guy said...

I am sorry all of your kids are sick! Ryan and all three of my kids have been really sick for about a week now. It is so hard to have everyone sick, and I am about ready to pull my hair out, but maybe we can look at it on the bright side, and maybe we are getting it all over with at once right? Hope all is well other than sick kids.